30 Day Warranty
Certificate of Limited Warranty Used Parts
A & P Auto Parts, Inc. Warrants All Parts (unless otherwise specified) For 30 Days Subject To The Conditions and Limitations Set Forth Below
A & P Auto Parts, Inc. is continuously striving to be a leader in the Auto Recycling Industry. The utmost care has been taken in the buying, dismantling, testing, and cleaning of the parts you have just purchased so as to assure you many miles of motoring pleasure. If however a problem should occur, the following procedures shall apply.
- All engines are warranted against cracked cylinder blocks or heads, bad cam or crankshaft, excessive smoking, and to be in good running order unless otherwise stated.
- The used engine you have purchased must have new oil and filter installed upon installation and every 30-45 days or 3000 miles thereafter.
- You must provide for a new tune up upon installation of motor, (points, plugs, plug wires, etc.). Also gaskets and seals should be checked or replaced. This warranty only extends to internally lubricated parts and the housing on drive train parts. It does not cover bolt on parts, manifolds, fuel injections, oil pans, brackets, water pumps, flywheels, sensors, wires, ignition, gaskets, seals, distributor, computers, etc.
- In the event of a part failure, it must be inspected in the vehicle before removal or the warranty will be void.
- Transmissions are warranted to be in good working order against slippage or shifting failures.
- Transmissions must have new seals, filter and new oil installed upon installation into vehicle. Also T/V pressures set to factory spec, unhooked or unadjusted will void warranty.
- Vehicles which have A & P Auto Parts, Inc. engines and transmissions installed must have proper capacity cooling systems, and be flushed upon installation.
- Proper oil levels and cooling levels must be maintained at all times for warranty to be valid.
- Warranty is void if heat tabs are melted or removed.
- All Deposits are taken in “Good Faith” and are not refundable under any circumstances.
- A & P Auto Parts, Inc. will not reimburse any labor charges on defective parts installed. Reimbursement shall be for original cost of merchandise plus any tax collected.
- All warranty claims must be presented to an authorized agent or manager of A & P Auto Parts, Inc. within a period of 30 days from date of purchase for this warranty to be valid.
- A & P Auto Parts, Inc., at its option, may replace the parts, repair the parts or refund the original purchase price.
- All implied warranties are limited to the terms of the limited warranty. Consequential or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty.
- Warranties on any product sold shall be in effect only for the duration of the express warranties contained herein and upon conclusion of the expressed warranties herein, there shall be no warranties expressed or implied including merchantability and fitness for use on the product sold.
- This warranty is not transferable and does not cover damage if parts are used in connection with racing purposes or vehicles with racing equipment, or damage by accident or misuse. This warranty is not transferable, except if you are a licensed used car dealer, own the vehicle, and repair the vehicle for resale, and sell the vehicle within 1 year. This warranty is not transferable after the first sale by the licensed used car dealer to a purchaser.
- Improper installation will void warranty.
WARRANTY IS VOID WITHOUT RECEIPT.
- 20% handling charge on usable merchandise returned within 30 days – No returns after 30 days – No returns on “Cut Off” parts. $5.00 minimum purchase. No guarantee and no refund on electrical parts.
- No cores accepted after 30 days.
- A & P Auto Parts, Inc. does not assume responsibility for towing charges, lay-up time, telephone, loss due to down time, cost of lodging, cost of vehicle use, inconvenience, car or truck rental.
- All extended warranties sold at A & P Auto Parts, Inc. are part replacement only. This does not cover lay-up time, labor, towing. etc.
- A & P Extended parts and labor warranty is a one-time replacement warranty from date of sale.
- All body parts New or Used must be fit for proper installation before paint and repair.
Parts and Labor Warranty Information
A&P Auto Parts Inc. is a leader in the Automotive Recycling Industry. Careful consideration has been focused on the methods we employ while purchasing, dismantling, testing, and preparing our parts. This enables us to supply you with the highest quality recycled parts. However should an issue arise, the following language dictates the manner with which the issue will be addressed.
A&P Auto Parts inc. Extended Warranties for Purchase
- Platinum PLUS LABOR Warranty: Platinum PLUS assures the original customer a 2 Year Part PLUS Labor guarantee. This plan includes a onetime replacement part and installation. Labor will be reimbursed at the rate of $40 per hour combined with Mitchell R&R Guidelines.
- Platinum Warranty: Platinum Warranty assures the original customer a 2 Year Part Only guarantee. This plan includes a onetime replacement part, but does not include any labor coverage.
- Gold PLUS LABOR Warranty: Gold PLUS assures the original customer a 1 Year Part PLUS Labor guarantee. This plan includes a onetime replacement part and installation. Labor will be reimbursed at the shop rate combined with Mitchell R&R Guidelines.
- Gold Warranty: Gold Warranty assures the original customer a 1 Year Part Only guarantee. This plan includes a onetime replacement part at, but does not include any labor coverage.
- Silver PLUS LABOR Warranty: Silver PLUS assures the original customer a 6 Month Part PLUS Labor guarantee. This plan includes a onetime replacement part and installation. Labor will be reimbursed at the shop rate combined with Mitchell R&R Guidelines.
- Silver Warranty: Silver Warranty assures the original customer a 6 Month Part Only guarantee. This plan includes a onetime replacement part, but does not include any labor coverage.
- Limited Warranty: Limited Warranty guarantees mechanical parts for 30 days from the date on the invoice. These parts cannot be returned after the 30 day period.
Please refer to invoice and retain your receipt for the duration of the warranty. Any questions please contact our Warranty department 1-800-962-7222 x 135 Our extended warranties are a 1 time part and labor warranty. Should the part fail and you choose to have an extended warranty on the replacement part, another extended warranty must be purchased.
BE ADVISED, some manufacturers require electronic parts to be properly reprogrammed to ensure drivability and emissions. Engines are guaranteed against knocking, excessive smoking or oil consumption. Previous to installation, install new seals, gaskets, and oil and filter on all mechanical parts. There are some instances when the intake manifold must be transferred from the original engine to the purchased unit. Engine timing belts and chains are not covered under any warranty policies. External accessories, components, electrical parts (IE: distributors exhaust manifolds, rotors, sensors, computers, etc.) or fluids are not considered as warranty items in any of our warranty plans. All warranties apply to the original purchaser only and are not transferable.
Any return part/item must be accompanied with original invoice and bear the markings applied by our firm. The return process must be performed by the original salesperson. Delivery drivers are not authorized to approve returns. A 20% handling fee will be charged on all return parts/items.